Friday, May 16, 2008

Proactive

Now that B's sentencing is finally over, there is no excuse not to get serious about a lot of my goals. I have set about some tasks below.

I am down today. I could elect to change my mind and choose to be bright, but I’m under a cloud. Thinking about B, his sentencing, his life -- it’s overwhelming ...

Also, my life feels like a question mark. I don’t know what’s going to become of it with work and such. I guess I just need to take a proactive stand and work on things currently within my reach -- within my control.

These are the physical activities I intend to do per week, assuming my health is not challenged:

Walking 2x
Yoga 2x
T-Tapp 2x

These are the days I intend to incorporate them:

Mondays - T-Tapp
Tuesdays - Walking
Wednesdays - Yoga
Thursdays - T-Tapp
Fridays - Fun
Saturdays - Walking
Sundays - Yoga

Three activities I not only want to do, but need to:

Photographing/processing - I don’t need to think about when I’ll fit this in – it seems to happen on its’ own. I actually need to reduce time spent on pictures until I have a better sense of balance toward the rest of my needs.

Flickring - I will spend a maximum of 30 minutes per day commenting.

Writing - I just got done reading a triology; and I will comb through it now for style. I will spend 5 minutes every morning writing. I will awaken, putter around the house or yard for a few, then begin writing for 5 minutes non-stop. This means I need to awaken at the latest by 7 a.m.

Other stuff:

Housekeeping: I have to come up with a plan as far as housekeeping goes. It has taken the lowest priority and I need to change my mind set about it. I have to figure out how I can see and approach it differently.

Appearance:

I need to allot time toward upkeep like hair and nails. My problem is not wanting to take the time to sit there and interact – not wanting to have to tip, even if I’m unhappy with the service. I need to overcome these petty concerns.

I need to body brush every single night, without fail. There simply is no excuse unless sick.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Those are all great goals you have set for yourself Lita!
The time is now to be like a river and move foward and these goals all sound like they will help you to do that.
I can totally empathize with the hair upkeep. I hate sitting two hours in a chair getting my hair done. It seems like a total waste of time and money but then whenever it's done I feel better about myself for some reason. I must have some vanity,lol.
It's funny that you mentioned the body brushing too...I do that every other day! Isn't that weird that we have THAT in common too?
Call me when you get a chance.
love and kisses!-Laura

Lita said...

How cool is that about having the body brushing in common too! :)