Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's January 2, 2011 at 8:33 pm, and I am ...

fulfilling today's exercise from The Awe-Manic, as follows:

Name today:  The world is my playground

Toast of the day:  "Here's to the calm presence of a sitting cat."


Today I get to burn some holiday calories.

Aha-phrodisiacs:

Write a list of why you write or do art or why you want to. Pick one of those and write at length about it, getting deep into it even if it doesn't seem to make sense.
I do it because I get such a natural rush becoming a vessel for creativity to flow forth ... Yes, to the thrill of becoming surprised by it, seduced by it, to fall in love with it ... Ahhh to basking in the afterglow that stays with you, keeping you addicted to it ...
Write down some event that happened recently. Recount it adding a few otherworldly powers and characters.
I walked into the studio eager, yet apprehensive. Would the hosts be receptive to me after my extended absence? Would I stick out too much from the rest of the bunch? What if I passed out from unconditioned exertion?

I found comfort in familiar sights and sounds, in elements I hadn't had exposure to in a very long time ... Stray concerns ultimately evaporated once I was greeted by one of the hosts, Amasan. She and Kika developed the ability to transform into mermaids during my time away. I forgot to ask what it felt like. I also wasn't able to take pictures, because our entire group was immersed in intensive drills for the 3-hour bootcamp we signed up for. 

Words I heard a lot were "breathe," "just a few more" and "shake it out." The ladder being my favorite.

Our host, for the last hour, had the ability to move at the speed of light, so it was hard keeping up with her. All in all, it was nice knowing that despite my modest amount of time in strenuous exercise, I could *somewhat* hang stamina-wise with these extraordinary beings ... although, it shined light on areas I could totally improve on.

Is it bad that after putting myself through all of that I've been indulging in chocolate nonstop?
Kika snapshot this 3 hours in (we're such a blur since we we had to move lightning fast to keep up with the host ;)


A picture where Amasan and Kika swim publicly at the Wreck Bar.  You can watch them in action on this Youtube video.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How fun it must be to be a mermaid! I forgot to name today,lol. And, I didn't burn any calories. :(
But, I'm so glad you did! And, I love your kitty pic...so adorable!
I already eliminated all my other Daily Creative goals and am just going to do the Awe-Manac. I realize that it's the only one I'm going to have time for!