Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year ☺ !

Unplanned New Year's celebration at IHop!  LOL!!! 

It was SO fun getting together with close friends on this important (to me anyway) holiday.  We intended to get high on kava, eat Mexican and come back for more kava at the stroke of midnight ... Instead we dined on some of the food laid out at the kava bar ... After our fair share of kava, the loud music and our general malaise had us seeking comfort in breakfast food.

We improvised by shredding strips of IHop paper to use as our confetti that we tamely tossed at midnight  =)


Breakfast with close friends an hour before the New Year ☺


Loraine and Laura -- Virgin kava drinkers.  Before and after their first sip of the Earthy-tasting brew, LOL ;)



Our photogenic bartender



Candids of strangers texting ... I may use it to propel future writing exercises (who are they texting? ... what are they texting about? ... etc. )



Kava bar ambience

Bula!


Today's Notes:

Finding my bed at 4:30 am ... Awaking at 8:30 am ...

Watching the shadows of trees sway through my curtains ... Open the glass sliding door to get a feel for the weather, and it's heavenly.  Under the warmth and light of the morning sun, I thumb through The Awe-Manac book ... Looking through tired, yet excited eyes ... Totally falling in love with all phrases of inspiration ...

The Awe-Manac's genuine claim is it will:
" ... make you younger by providing a regular diet of creative thought.  It will enhance your sex appeal because creative people are known to be more sexy, uninhibited, and resourceful.  And no dust bunnies were harmed in the writing of this book ... "
Begin to process pictures from the night / morning prior ...

Picked up the The Awe-Manac book again to get a handle on current Daily Dose of Wonder exercises ... I am instructed to go to a bookstore to discover what my message is on page 56 of any book I find there!  I will so blog about that after my next bookstore trip. ☺

Awe-Manic Exercises:

Ebbing: what will you release 5 percent of this month? Reasons to complain.

Flowing: what will you increase 5 percent? Time spent in homeostasis.

Vessel of strength: What self-talk will keep you afloat? "There is nothing like a dream to
create the future."

Today, I get to begin the most wonderful year EVER!

Make one of the things that worked for you last year a New Year's resolution: Giving in to temptation. ;P

Journal Juju: I wrote my 1st entry in my physical journal. (Laura, so loving having a physical journal to play on and in; thanks so much!)

... Off to possibly nap ... catch up on e-mails ... get my daily dose of chocolate ... and if I'm lucky work out ...

... Also, I have older pics I will process and post ... but will do so later ...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh how I loved our time together New Years Eve! What spontaneous fun it was to end up at iHop ringing in the new year with napkin confetti,lol.
Wonderful images of the night, bringing to life the eclectic group of people we shared Kava with. I'm thrilled we are doing the Awe-Manac together and I definitely want to be there with you when you find your message on page 56. :)
Yay! for the journal! I've begun filling mine up too! We'll have something at the end of the year to actually flip through that has our heart and soul laid into it. Happy New Year love!

Alex said...

Glad to see you haven't forgot how to make your own confetti:)
I am happy your New Year was celebrated with close friends, joy, laughter and love.