Monday, April 28, 2008

Easy-going

My patience and tolerance is low today. I am always regretful when I feel this way, especially when I become short with someone. I think it is because I’m tired. I slept ok last night, but my energy level feels low. I lack the desire to do much of anything. Productivity is not on my vocabulary today. I only want to rest and be lazy.

With respect to photography, I think I will start focusing on different stuff. I’d like to document more what it’s like being me -- Day-to-day of life as Lita ... and then post it on my blog. I’ll start bringing my camera with me to work and see what happens. Nothing may happen ... or a whole world of everything may happen. But I’ll never know unless I at least have my camera on hand. I was thinking about my days long past as a belly dancer. This morning, I listened to a CD I made during my performance days. It’s a 20- minute compilation of some of my favorite belly dance songs, and it sounded so fresh. I’d like to take pictures of something belly dance-related; something reflecting my history in it. It will require creativity, which is what I’m up for.

I wish I were more motivated to work on practical things, like my garden. But I guess practical is a relative term.

I spoke with my Mom last night and sought to lift her spirits by reminding her to list all that she is grateful for; all that she takes for granted. I know this is what I do when my morale is taking a nose dive. She, like most of my family, has been feeling helpless and sullen over B’s predicament.

I’m seeing my reflection and I look so much like both of my parents; but our mind sets and temperaments are nothing alike. Other people may say otherwise, however.

My life is perfect. It’s a perfect representation of my conscious and unconscious creations. I choose to be more conscious so the results will be spot on.

But as a mere human, I will always have issues regardless of what I do, so I’ve come to accept that. Things and people just are. And I am.

It’s approaching 1 PM and I’ve managed to probably consume all of my caloric requirements already. But I care not because it was all whole foods ... raw foods. ... It, like everything, is what I make it -- and I make it good; I make it rich; I make it abundance.

So about work ... I haven’t done much today ... and again, that is good because it is in keeping with my motto of leading a simple, easy-going life.

-----------------

Checked the Daily Motivator and it was so timely :)

Monday, April 28, 2008

Frame of life

The way you frame your life has a major impact on the way your life unfolds. The way you see yourself and your place in the world determines who you truly are.

The unstated assumptions upon which you rely are constantly exerting their influence. Your deepest, most sincere feelings about life have a way of coloring every circumstance.

The events in your world do not just happen without reason or source. They are driven by your most fundamental expectations of how you will find life to be.

In each small moment and in every large undertaking, your frame of life sets the stage. So choose to frame your life with love, with respect, with beauty, grace and a focus on the most magnificent possibilities.

The way you see the world determines the kind of world you see. So decide to assume, expect and look for the very best you can imagine.

Live with a positive, enthusiastic and thankful frame of life. And within that empowering frame, you will create a masterpiece that grows more beautiful with each moment.

-- Ralph Marston

No comments: